Régional council of Lower-Normandy – Mobile business intelligence
The Régional council of Lower-Normandy was looking for new budget decision making tools.
Context and challenge
The main goal of the project was to provide regional elected representatives and directors with an application:
- Accessible outside the office,
- Suitable for performing simulations on various budgets in a relevant manner.
The “Prépa Budget Mobile” application was designed, developed and rolled out in 4 months.
To do this, SQLI led the project with a team having mobility and decision making skills to address the issue of consolidated information accessibility from SAP BI 4 with optimised usage on iPad.
The way it is designed makes it possible to:
- Go down to the finest level just as can be done in a Web Intelligence report or Dashboard.
- Save the various simulations run during a meeting so as to be able to retrieve them at any time, in any place and share them.
The Prépa Budget Mobile application is popular among users for the following reasons:
- User friendliness, power and simplicity in mobile situations,
- Using it facilitates day to day work with businesses
The customer view
We opted for SQLI for their technical and functional decision making skills and for their mobility and ergonomics expertise. We are really happy with this project since it enabled the region to modernise its public expenditure control tools.